Pertaining to the buzzword phrase separation of church and state, why not instead call it separation of church from state, separation of state and church, separation of state from church?
In fact, why doesn't the buzzword phrase rather read separation of religion from state, separation of temple from state, separation of mosque from state, separation of synagogue from state, separation of cathedral from state? WHY church? Why not religion?
And why is the word state used? Why not instead the word government? And WHO has the authority to separate the Christian religion from government? God the Almighty Creator in the person of His Son, Jesus Christ? DOES He want the two separated? CAN they BE separated? WHY would godless secularists WANT Christianity separated from government, or government separated from Christianity? Does it MATTER WHAT godless secularists want - especially if that is in opposition to what the Lord wants? Are wicked humans CAPABLE of suppressing the truth (according to Romans 1:18)? Are they able to quench the Spirit (First Thessalonians 5:19)?
Does GOVERNMENT in general want church, Christianity, Christians, the Bible, and Christian morality or faith separated from government? Is government ever even involved with Christianity, Christians, the Bible, Biblical doctrine, and so on? Is not the Constitution of the United States ALREADY involved with the First Amendment NON-ESTABLISHMENT clause plus the NON-PROHIBITION clause, where it states that Congress shall make no law establishing religion, NOR prohibiting [the free exercise of] religion? (Incidently, the preceding First-Amendment clauses are frequently MIS-called the Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause -- both semantically incorrect).
Of course, the anti-Christ, anti-Christian, anti-Scripture rebellious and defiant will continue on in their insane, senseless, socially-harmful push to shove their subversive 'government-is-god' disdain and harassment down people's throats with their demented 'We Have No King But Caesar' heresy and blasphemy. Such filth will stink on to everyone's dismay and demise until the LORD Himself on Judgment Day separates wicked 'goats' from righteous 'sheep' in His perfect Divine action of separating not government from Christianity but the damned from the blessed - eternally in which 'state' the former will burn in endless torture in the fiery outer darkness while the latter shine in everlasting bliss with the Light of Heaven.
Concerning (not regarding nor pertaiing to) the SO-CALLED 'separation of church and state,' anti-religious antagonists incessantly harp on their pet-hangup verse:
Throughout history and particularly BIBLICAL history, there are numerous accounts of the church/religion/Christianity/Christians/saints/Scripture NOT being separated from state, government, or whatever you want to call it, such as:
1. Pre-Worldwide-Flood wicked governments on earth vs. Noah and Associates in the Ark.
2. Joseph made Vice-Presidential governmental ruler by Pharoah, and Joseph's family given choice titled government land.
3. Moses being adopted, brought up, and royally educated by the separation-of-church-and-state-oblivious Egyptian Prime Minister of Egypt's daughter.
4. Moses and Aaron interacting with a disbelieving and hardhearted Government of Egypt under the next Pharoah.
5. The Egyptian-Government Army intending to attack the Israelites at the Red Sea.
6. The wicked governments and their armies of Canaan attacking Joshua and Co. like half-naked idolatrous-spiritist savage indians attacking peaceful HOLY-BIBLE-in-public-schools white settlers finding no fences, county-courthouse title parcelings, county-sheriff-enforced lot divisions nor zoning ordinances as they advanced westward across America during the 18th and 19th centuries.
7. Ehud interacting against the tyrannical Moabite government ignoring the separation of church and state.
8. Gideon not engaging in church/state separation and then engaging in church/state separation against the Government of Midian.
9. David being commissioned by the Government of Israel under King Saul, while Saul insanely attempting to assassinate David, not participating in the separation of church and state.
10. The government of Philistia, represented by Goliath, not engaging in church/state separation against David, and David not engaging yet engaging in church/state separation against the Government of Philistia via Goliath.
11. Elijah not at all concerned with church/state separation by confronting the corrupt Israeli government under King Ahab.
12. The Assyrian Government never minding church/state separation against Hezekiah and his government of Israel.
13. Nebuchadnezzar, king of the Government of Babylon, not doing church/state separation against Zedekiah and the Israeli Government.
15. Daniel and his three friends not involved with church/state separation by being appointed chief prefects in the Government of Babylon (under Nebuchadnezzar), then Daniel officially promoted to high government office and authority within the Government of Media (under Darius) plus the Government of Persia (under Cyrus).
16. Evil King Herod, tetrach of Galilee, not avoiding church/state separation by asking the Wise Guys were the Christ-child King was.
17. A Roman-Government centurion not doing church/state separation by asking Jesus to heal his slave...and Jesus complying and thus Himself not committing church/state separation.
18. Jews not even thinking about church/state separation by asking the Government of Rome to publicly lynch, torture, and murder Jesus in a most humiliating and painful way.
19. Roman Governor Pilate absolutely not involved in church/state separation by giving envious disbelieving jews permission to pseudo-"legally" commit manslaughter homicide against Jesus by bloody and brutal crucifixion.
20. Paul is rescued by the Roman Government under Claudius Lysias (in which case both guys certainly were not into separation of church and state), after which Paul interacts with the Governor Felix (ditto), Governor Festus (ditto), King Agrippa (ditto) [and the book of Acts does NOT end insinuating that Paul was beheaded or Peter crucified upside-down in opposition to cultic-catholic, gory/sensational, superstitious-heresay, nowhere-found- in-the-Bible legend].
In NONE of the cases mentioned above was their even the SLIGHTEST attempt to separate church from state, state from church, etc.
It is really no wonder. God the Creator does NOT separate His churchiness from any state nor government, being that He - the rightful Owner and Operator of everything on Earth - is in charge of everything that happens and doesn't happen on HIS planet Earth. Anyone who does not accomodate to Him and His existent phenomena of nature is rightfully, understandably, and thankfully destroyed [sooner or later] -- and frequently quite painfully.